May 16, 2019 | Information
This is a gentle reminder if your child is absent from school. Please ring in on 478-7074 each day your child is away from school and leave a clear message on our answerphone with your child’s name, room no. and reason for absence. Alternatively you can contact us using the form below. This will save the office staff valuable time from having to ring parents as we need to ensure that your children are safe each day.
Dec 13, 2016 | Information
To make going Back to School easy for you we have teamed up with OfficeMax MySchool to have our class list requirements loaded up on to myschool.co.nz
We’ve found this is the easiest way for you to purchase your child’s requirements. Simply search for our school, select your child’s class/subject lists and follow the instructions on the website.
Buying through OfficeMax MySchool also earns School Rewards^ for our school which we can redeem for much needed educational supplies, equipment for our classrooms or for students in need.
OfficeMax MySchool make Back to School easy for you with:
- Price Match Promise – find a lower price and OfficeMax will match it^.
- Free Delivery – for orders over $57.50^. Plus choose delivery to home or work at a time that suits you in the holidays.
- Shop Your Way – online at myschool.co.nz, freephone 0800 724 440 or in an OfficeMax store.
- Save valuable holiday time – avoid busy shopping malls and shop online from the comfort of your home.
- Quality product – your child will start the year with the correct supplies that will last.
- Multiple Payment Options – including secure internet banking, credit/debit card or pay by cash in an OfficeMax store.
Stationery Lists for all year levels are available from the OfficeMax link https://www.myschool.co.nz/Westpark
Sep 22, 2016 | Information
Step 1: Contact your Child’s Teacher
- If your concern, question or suggestion is to do with your child’s class, the best person to contact first is their teacher. So that you can have an uninterrupted conversation, it’s best to book a time to meet. Teacher emails can be found here.
- You could also phone the office to contact the teacher, or leave a message (478 7074)
Step 2: Contact the Team Leader or a Deputy Principal
- You may decide that a member of the school leadership is the best person to hear your concern, question or suggestion. You can contact…
- Team Kahikatea Leader – Yrs 5/6: Emily Osborn (EmilyC @ westpark.school.nz)
- Team Rimu Leader – Yr 4: Philippa Matla (PhilippaM @ westpark.school.nz)
- Team Matai Leader – Yr 3: Felicity Apperley (FelicityA @ westpark.school.nz)
- Team Miro Leader – Yr 2: Erica Leggett (EricaL @ westpark.school.nz)
- Team Totara Leader – Yr 1: Nicola Douthett (NicolaD @ westpark.school.nz)
- Deputy Principal: Felicity Apperley and Erica Leggett
Step 3: Contact the Principal
- If you have talked to the teacher and/or a Deputy Principal, but need to have a discussion with the Principal; or if you have a serious concern, then please contact Luis Echegaray, Principal at principal @ westpark.school.nz or phone 478 7074.
Step 4: Contact the Board of Trustees
- If you are not satisfied with the response from the above staff, then the Board of Trustees can be contacted, through the Board Chair. You can access the BoT Chair’s name and contact details through the school office or here.
Jun 11, 2016 | Information
Students at your school are due for their free annual dental check-ups. The Dental van will be on the school site this term. Once seen your child will be given a letter that may include details of another appointment. Please contact us to change this appointment if required. Please search your child’s school bag!
If you have pre-school aged children please call us to arrange an appointment for their annual check up. Family appointments are available so pre-school siblings can be seen at the same time. To book or reschedule your appointment, or update your contact details, please call 0800 TALK TEETH (825 583).
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bee Healthy Team
Jun 2, 2016 | Information
The 2015 Entertainment books and digital memberships have are now expired. To secure your 2016 copy and support West Park School at the same time make sure to get in quick. We only have one book copy left at school! Order online: https://www.entertainmentbook.
Remember that all orders made through this link sees $12 donated to West Park School. You can also pay in cash at the office.
May 20, 2016 | Information
Regional Public Health has sent a letter to all schools with information about the current reports of measles (English measles) in the Waikato, Northland, Nelson and Levin regions.
Measles is a highly infectious and serious illness. If a student or staff member is diagnosed with measles in your school, other students and staff (teaching, administration, sports coaches and any other staff that have face to face contact with students) will be required to have written evidence that they have either had two doses of measles vaccine (MMR) after they were 12 months of age or doctor diagnosed measles. This information can be found in you/your child’s Wellchild or Plunket book or from a print out from your doctor.
Anyone who does not have evidence of measles immunity will be required to stay off school until 14 days after their contact with the person diagnosed with measles.
Measles vaccine is free from medical centres and we strongly encourage anyone who is not vaccinated to get their vaccine as soon as possible.
An information sheet about measles can be found at: www.rph.org.nz >Public health topics/Infectious diseases/Measles
The letter sent to the school can be found here.
May 12, 2016 | Information
Our West Park online school shop is our preferred method of payment for all your school expenses. You can use the online School shop to pay for all your child’s needs – annual donations, class trips, camp, and sports registrations.
Its easy, secure and open 24/7!
Feb 28, 2016 | Information
The ASB Bank has established a school banking programme whereby students can deposit their money for school banking. Once your child is registered, they’ll receive a kid’s School Banking pack from ASB. This pack will include specially designed deposit envelopes for them to use to make their deposits through the Kashin drop box located in the reception area near the school office. And other items to encourage them into good savings behaviours. Our banking day is Tuesday so please ensure your banking deposit envelopes
are deposited in the drop box near the school office on a Tuesday morning.
Feb 28, 2016 | Information
Over the past couple of weeks we have had several near misses, as parents and caregivers have elected not to cross the road at the designated crossings. This has placed them and their children in danger. Not only are we concerned for their safety but also for the safety of children who may choose to cross the road in the same way just because they are seeing adults doing it. The crossings are there for everyone’s safety, please use them.