The latest news from the Home and School committee can be found in the Home & School tab on the Newsletters page.
What Is Home and School?
The Home and School Committee is a sub-committee of the Board of Trustees. We are tasked with the following goals:
- Raising funds to maximise the learning environment for our children;
- Fostering school spirit and sense of community; and
- Facilitating communication between the parents, Board of Trustees and school staff.
Who Is Involved?
The committee is made up of parents of West Park School children. The committee is composed of an elected chairperson, treasurer and secretary and as many committee members as we can get.
Why Have a Home and School Committee?
Funds are required to ensure West Park School can reach its full potential. The Home and School fundraising efforts are required to help meet any shortfalls and to enable the school, staff and children to obtain those little “extras” that they might not otherwise be able to have. The Home and School also have a vested interest in promoting the sense of school spirit and community and we are committed and passionate school family advocates. We know that by working all together our children can only benefit!
What Does The Home and School Committee Do?
- The committee meets regularly, usually on the first Wednesday evening of every month where we discuss and plan upcoming events and any other issues of relevance to the school community.
- We plan, coordinate and run events for the children and families of West Park School.
- We maintain open and friendly communication channels with the Principal, staff and Board of Trustees.
- We act as a first point of contact for the Principal and Board in general school community issues that require discussion or consideration.
How Can I Be Involved?
- Join the committee as a full member (attend meetings and help when you can) or observer (receive minutes of meetings etc, and help when you can).
- Join our “All In Register” by providing us with your contact details and any special skills or contacts you have so that we can contact you when we need help.
- Be an active member of the school community in as many ways as you are able!
How Can I Get In Touch?
- Leave a message with the office
- Fill in the contact form below
- Call Rachel Thomas (Current Chairperson) 027 387 8466